Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Obamalicious/Obamanomics/Obamafied!!!

One week. He did it! We have had a young, black President for ONE WHOLE week! Finally!!!
I will admit I was a nervous wreck watching him be sworn in!!
On the one hand I was thrilled to live to see such history being made. I was proud of my country, I was happy.
On the other hand I was SO worried that I would hear shots ring out.
Listen, I have been to many small communities in the Indiana/Ohio/Michigan area, and you would be SHOCKED and saddened at the amount of racism I have seen in those communities.
CHILDREN would make racist remarks. Ihave heard adults in the MILITARY promise to rid the world of the "N" president...
I cannot even allow myself to type the word.
Disgusting............
But I was also inspired that day to see MY President and his lovely family walk in the parade, and dance at the Balls, and be...PRESIDENTIAL....after 8 years of..."not so much"...
I have NEVER before given a rats cute, furry little ass about politics, until 2008. Until Obama.
Until I saw History before my eyes.
Now look, I know he is a human and he will fail and piss me off. That's okay, I accept it.
He IS a POLITICIAN after all!
But I was so full of HOPE when I watched him take that oath.
Actually, it was the FIRST inaugaration I watched in my almost 40 years on this Earth.
They seemed so BORING before...but not THIS year!
There he was! A young black man, MY President! I cried. I was joyful.
He has inherited an awful mess. A true disaster. He REALLY has his work cut out for him.
I just pray for him and his sweet family and hope for the best, and hope that Obama makes the right choices at the right times.
Barak and Roll baby!!!!