Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Hair..

So, I have always had this relationship with my hair. Lots of women do. When I was finally allowed to make my "own" hair decisions, I rejoiced!!!!
Mom always had been a strong spirit, and pretty, but a tough, no-nonsense tomboy too.
I think she was somewhat appalled she given birth to a true girly-girl!
She had my hair short. Dorthy Hamill-70's-bowl cut thing.
Therefore, I opted to grow my hair long....very, very long. Crystal Gayle long.
By the time I was 14/15 or so, it cascaded down my back. Long, thick, golden blond hair.
To my waist. A bit past it actually. I was a walking "Breck" shampoo ad!
Then, somewhere around 1986 or so, I was ready for another change. Bring on the Aqua-Net baby!!! It was the 80's, time for some big-ass-hair!!
Got a spiral perm. You have never seen so much hair!!! And the bangs!!! Talk about gravity-defying! OY!!!!! Master sculpter I was.

Eventually went back to straight and long. Then a bit shorter. I got a few higlights, blond, nothing too crazy.
Now, I am nearing 40 (Lord have mercy). New job on the horizon (I hope!). I needed something..different. Something new....bold.

As you may see from my new picture...it's REALLY different!!!!
It looks almost black in the picture. But it is a deep, rich red with dark, elegant purple highlights.

Layers. Shoulder length. FUN!!!!!

So what do you think, dear readers? The new me?

Told ya I had a crazy mind...... :)