Sunday, December 28, 2008

New Jobs....?

O.....kay..... so most people that know me know that I am an..ecclectic person...to say the least.

I am a Christian, but I have friends who are Jewish, Buddist, Hindu, Agnostic, Mormon, Jehova's Witness, Wicca, Atheist...the list goes on.

I am friends with people of all races, ages, ethnic backgrounds, Sexual orientations/gender identity.

I have friends who are Conservative and Liberal. Democrat and Repbulican, young/old, black/white, gay/straight....any combo you wish...!

The Good: this makes for VERY interesting parties!
The Bad: these different groups of people don't always get along well with each other...obviously.

Oddly, I've always been a mix of different personality traits and interests/beliefs myself.
Some thoughts I have could be considered "mainstream", some "forwardthinking", some just..."whacked out". No surprise there I guess. You never really know WHAT you're in for with me!

Example: as you know I am "between jobs" since CHUPACABRA divorced me from my employement for Christmas. I now have TWO new "sort of " jobs.
I call them "sort of" jobs because they don't involve any actual pay, something those doggone bill collecters are so-ooo freakin' PICKY about.
JOB ONE: I am the hospitality hostess for my church (Unidiversal Charismatic Christian Church). They are a very welcoming, no-condemnation type church, so it's a perfect place for me. I am also on the Animal Ministry team. It's still a ministry in progress, but we want to help low-income, elderly, disabled, ect. people take their pets to the vet, get pet meds, food, spay/neuter their animals, go with them to the "last vet visit" (so-ooo very difficult!!!!), council and comfort them after a pet illness/death, and so on.
And very soon my friends, I will be an ACTUAL ORDAINED PET AND ANIMAL MINISTER!
Seriously!! ME! A Minister! (okay...I hear all of you laughing out there.......)

Of course, minisrty never REALLY translates to money....but that's okay. I'm excited about it nonetheless.

JOB TWO: I was recently hired to be the manager/promoter for a local Metal/Fusion band.
I have know one of the band members for several years. It just happened that they had a falling out with one of the band members and their former manager.
They were looking for a new Manager...I was unemployed....why not?
They are in a state of flux right now, but they are a great group. They write all of their own lyrics and music. It's really a cool, unique sound. It's a Rob Zombie/Techno/Marilyn Manson/Prodigy/Metallica/Moby kind of thing.....yeah...a bit hard to explain.
They're named SYI...check 'em out! http://www.myspace.com/syisupplementaryirreverence


So anyway, I am an Ordained minister who promotes/manges a Heavy Metal band.......

Yeah, who ELSE but me?

There you have it. Just one of MANY examples of the oddball-mix that is Susan....

Ya gotta love it! :)