Thursday, March 19, 2009

Somewhere along the way....I lost my marbles...

I mean, yeah, the title of my blog kinda "confirms" that notion....but WHEN, exactly, did it happen?
I could have SWORN I was born a "normal" child.
Well, um......okay, maybe not "normal" in the traditional sense.

Normal: I had imaginary friends.

Not Normal: They were all animals, that talked.

Normal: I loved to read my "Golden Books".

Not Normal: I read either in the "downward dog" position in Yoga, or hanging upsidedown from the edge of the couch.

Normal: I was born into a farming family, and Grandpa was a butcher.

Not normal: I considered the cows to be BIG dogs, and begged to be a Vegetarian at 5 years old.

Normal: Barbies, Barbies, Barbies!!!!! LOVED them!!!

Not Normal: I did NOT like the Blonde ones. In fact, I BEGGED my mother to buy me Black Barbies because they were SO much prettier...and she did. (I also loved my "Seniorita" Hispanic Barbie, my Redhead Barbie, and my Black (afro) Ken dolls....)

Normal: Church going family

Not Normal: Single mom who was FREQUENTLY kicked out of the "church" for being "unwed". AND, she taught me to celebrate Diversity and that God loves ALL people/animals. No Exceptions.

Normal: Little girls LOVE things that are pretty and that fly. Birds, butterflies, ladybugs, fairies....

Not Normal: I loved ALL of those, but my FAVORITE were...BATS!!!

Normal: Little girls love small furry animals: Bunnies, Chipmunks, Squirrels...

Not Normal: Loved them...PLUS....mice, rats (rats ROCK), ferrets.....

Normal: Loves to be "cute", dress-up, but evolves and changes into a Sophisticated Style.

Not Normal: I STILL love: glitter, rainbows, ribbons, sparkles, color, bling, pink, purple, bold, glam, no rules!!!


Hmmmmm........looking back on it all, maybe I was BORN this way?
Maybe I was never destined to be "Normal".

Maybe I was destined to be something......better.....

Freaks/Weirdos/Crazies unite!!!!

We got some fairy dust to sprinkle about......